Building a Website Using CMS in 90 Minutes
Building a Website Using a CMS in 90 Minutes
This is another in the "In Ninety Minutes" series, which offers the reader a comprehensive but easily readable and easily digestible text covering a specific topic in an hour and a half of study.
There are many free Content Management Systems available. These 'websites in a box' allow complex site structures to be up and running in a matter of hours, using nothing but a web browser.
Topics covered include the following:
- overview of CMS systems vs static HTML or 'home-grown' sites
- evaluating CMS systems
- choosing the right web space and server functionality
- installing a CMS (focusing on the Mambo and Joomla! CMSs)
- building your content's structure
- installing additional modules (including forums and ecommerce)
- modifying the look and feel of the site
- optimising the CMS for search engines
- modifing the back-end database using phpMyAdmin
- and backing up the site.
In 90 minutes, readers will be able to identify the best CMS for their needs, locate a suitable hosting company, upload the code and configure it to match their design and functionality needs.
Product details Publisher: Management Books 2000 ISBN: 9781852525231 Format: Softcover Publication Date: 2006/8 Length: 210mm Pages: 130 Readership: Academic